Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Blue Moon Band Poster #18


This might perhaps be my favorite of the twenty some posters i've had the pleasure of doing over the years for the Blue Moon Band. They were playin out at The Ickey Nickel bar and I wanted to do something different. I scraped the first idea and decided to take on an idea I had on the way home from work. I grabbed a nickel, threw on some toothpaste, mixed in some lint from the dryer and worked it around a bit, cleaning areas as I went. I then laid it on the dryer and got as much light around it as I could. I took a macro shot with my camera and got a pretty neat pic. I enhanced some of the colors on the gunk and added a green funk to please all senses. I rarely do a white background ad or poster, but think I should do more. It's always so clean and bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment