Friday, January 30, 2009

Youth Art Month Mock Poster (Addy Award Winner)

 So this was also a school project that I nervously paid $50 to enter in the Addy Awards. And they gave me a sweet Gold Prize Plaque and an even sweeter Best Of Show Plaque. I still don't think it was worth my fifty bones though. Maybe cause now I'm broke. But anywho. It started out as a mock poster for Youth Art Month for the Art Center. We were instructed to pick the theme of one of our favorite artists and incorporate. I picked Robert Crumb cause he's a bad ass. Although I've failed to do him justice, it works. And nothing say's youth art like finger painting. I remember finding a picture of a homeless African boy and drawing his face R. Crumb style, with crosshatch and pointalism or whateva. And then holding my own hand up to my face and "Crumbing" it. Did I just say "Crumbing" oohhhh yeah! The rest I freestyled, cause that's how I do. Click to enlarge. Sorry for the long story. Wish I had the original file so I could fix the shadow. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment