Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blue Moon Band Poster #19

Yet another. The idea was again pretty good, but didn't follow the event. I'll explain. The venue, Ickey Nickel, the event, Ragbrai. So instead of incorporating some sort of bike theme into the poster, I decided to take on one of the ideas that floated around during the last Ickey Nickel show poster. And so I present the nickel stuck to the buttom of a dirty shoe with gum of course. There are once again some new things in this poster, such as the block type at the bottom that I don't always do, but this allowed for it. I thought I would italicize the type as well, which I don't always do, because I thought flow of the poster was "moving" from right to left. And the white space turned out nice, I think. As for the images. The legs belong to my 3 year out boy Cayden and the boots he is wearing are uncall Nate's. The ground is actually a photo I took in a drunken jaunt through old town omaha. Old brick roads just beg to be captured in blissful digital imagery. We go every year for St. Pat's. How do you like the faux shadows of the strings and shoes? Talk amongst yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment