Sunday, October 11, 2009

Blue Moon Band Poster #11


Here is one of my favorite Blue Moon Band posters to date. We took the picture of the lead guitar player's guitar on the night of the previous show with this idea in the works. The idea was obvious but harder was finding a rocket tower image that will print well. And I unfortunately don't have any high res photos of a shuttle take off laying around. So someone kill me for taking this one. I swear a week later I saw the same image in Time Magazine for an ad. So I am not alone. Haha. Anyways. I dropped in the guitar, gave it some falling ice pieces and made some white space for my text. I don't get to use vertical text a lot, but this one needed it as the poster is very vertical. I also pick my battles with the lens flare effect. But in this case, It came out nice. Oh yeah, and another creative way to give the show time.

No comments:

Post a Comment